I started designing this pattern at the start of the COVID 19 pandemic. I finished it during the nationwide Black Lives Matter protests. Through it all this shawl represented a way for me to meditate on love while knitting and the finished project is the perfect size to wrap up in, like a huge hug or wrap it around your neck to feel the love all day.
This is a great two color triangular shawl with a fun heart lace pattern and easy feather and fan that comes in two options: a larger sport weight shawl or a slightly smaller fingering weight version.
51% of all profit from this design is donated to Together Rising, whose mission is to transform collective heartbreak into effective action by identifying what is breaking the hearts of donors as they look around their world and their community, and then connecting donors’ generosity with the people and organizations who are effectively addressing that critical need. They spread love everywhere and anywhere it’s needed.
- 85”/216cm wingspan, 38”/96.5cm center depth
- 18sts /30 rounds = 4”/10 cm stockinette blocked
- 69”/175cm wingspan, 30”/76cm center depth
- 22sts /36 rounds = 4”/10 cm
- Color 1: 600 yds/ 550 m sport weight yarn (shown in Classic Elite Cotton Bamboo)
- Color 2: 450 yds/ 412 m sport weight yarn (shown in Classic Elite Mountaintop Canyon)
- Color 1: 440 yds/ 400 m fingering weight yarn (shown in Rowan handpainted sock)
- Color 2: 320 yds/ 292 m fingering weight yarn (shown in BYG Buckingham)
- US #5/3.75mm 32 in/80 cm circular needle
- US #3/3.25mm 24 in/60 cm circularneedle
- Tapestry Needle
- 8 stitch markers